The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break and Thereafter

So...we left for Spring Break almost two weeks ago, which seems pretty insane. I mean, I was going to bed at like ten o'clock to get up and 4:45 in the morning to get to the airport at 5:30. Which is nothing compared to poor Emily and Nicole who were up at 2. And at that point, what point is there is actually going to sleep?

Anyway, after a great plane ride which Sam slept through the entire time, even through pictures, we landed in Tampa. Not as warm as I would like, but sooo much nicer than the snow-infested streets of Cleveland.

The tournament itself was interesting. There was discussion about different tactics of running away from alligators. There's Emily's version and Sam's version. You can pick who to believe, but my money is on Sam (no offense Em). After that, the rain came. Oh, the rain. It poured, and poured, and poured, adding to the already ridiculous amounts of water on the course. There were several times I thought the club was going to slip, but luckily it didn't, tho somehow my scorecard remained completely dry. Don't ask me how.

But then, after an entire day of pouring and still having to play, about ten minutes after we finish....lightning. Freaking. Lightning. After praying all day for it, it comes too late. So, in order to relax after my frustration and grieving, we took a trip down to the hot tub. It was the only option.

But overall I had a lot of fun with everyone. It was really a great time, and I think things can only get better because the weather sucked. And I don't think it can rain any harder up here.