The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Monday, March 15, 2010

I finally remembered to blog

We just got back from spring break in Tampa just a few days ago. The course had so much water I could swim from hole to hole; although with all the alligators we saw in the ponds surrounding all the holes, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't try it. We arrived on Monday and just relaxed for a few hours and then hit the driving range. Early Tuesday morning we had a preactice round, after which we went to a gorgeous outdoor mall called Wiregrass...I think. Wednesday was our first day of the tournament and luckily the weather was absolutely beautiful. I got fried. I was so red it looked like I belonged in the lobster tank at a seafood restaurant. After the first day of the tournament we went to Clearwater, which was a beach town on the Gulf of Mexico. We were supposed to go to the beach on Friday, our day off, but because of the rainy forecast we decided to go Wednesday since the weather was gorgeous. I had a great time walking into the various tourist shops and realxing on the beach. Thursday was a complete and total mess. I felt like I was in the middle of monsoon season. We all got soaked. Even though the conditions were awful, I still managed to take off 9 stokes from my previous day's score, go figure. After taking showers and drying off, the team went out for a really nice dinner, which was delicious. I can't remember the name of the restaurant though. Friday morning we got all packed into the van and went to the International Mall before heading to the airport. Because of all the bad weather our flight kept getting delayed, but we all eventaully made it home. :)

-Sam
and there it is, my first blog.
Coach...you can no longer give me the death stare when you mention blogging to the team ;)