The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Long Lost Blogger

HELLO, everyone! :) Long time, no talk... seriously! My apologies for taking so long and Coach, I finally remembered! A lot has happened since Christmas aka the last time I blogged, lol.

First of all, our spring break trip was amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better team to spend it with. We made so many memories, inside jokes and just really bonded as a team! Needless to say, it was a blast! And we were in Florida aka WARM AND SUNNY WEATHER (not something that happens in Ohio), so what more could you ask for?! It was really nice to get down there and get out on the course to kick off our spring season. And just for the record, I've never been so scared until I saw an alligator right by me on the course, lol. Seeing as I'm a really weird nature person and like to inspect things, the golf course was a great place to be. I saw all these cool birds, which thanks to Sam, I learned go under water for a few MINUTES! It's like they're fish-birds, haha. And we allllsooo saw a WOLF SPIDER!!! It was HUGEEE and the worker said it crawls into people's bags sometimes! The only thing was... it was fake, haha! We scared Coach and sent him a picture message. :) All in all, the trip was a great time and we're all looking forward to the next one!

Since then, we've been practicing and playing in tournaments. We have OACs on April 24th and 25th (which I didn't realize is so close), so we're getting ready for that. Last week I ended up with the stomach flu and a sinus infection out of the blue and couldn't play in the Capital tournament. :( Being sick got the best of Caci and I both, which we obviously weren't too happy about. This weekend we have a tournament on Sunday. We will be playing at Fowler's Mill, which is where OACs are being held this year. It's going to be nice to get on that course and start playing it a little more before the end of April. Spring season is flying by! We have very few days of class left then... i'll... be... a... SENIOR. :( :( AHHHHH! It's so scary!! But I'm going to enjoy the present because that's the best thing you can do! ALSO, we've been recruiting a lot and we are SUPER excited about the girls we have coming next year! YAY! It's going to be an awesome year!

Wellll, that's all for now! I promise to keep up with my blogging from now on! Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

-Nicole*