The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day One of Nationals

Hey everyone!!!!

We are officially done with the first day of our national golf championship! It's really cool because it's the most official tournament I've ever played in. Makes sense, seeing that it's nationals. You get your name announced whenever you tee off, and you have to report your scores every 3 holes in order to keep the live leaderboard up to date.

It was a great day here in Florida, and I'm so glad we had early morning tee times because it just gets sooo hot down here and we're used to normal old Cleveland weather. I'm trying not to get burnt and failing. Thankfully I'm not burnt too bad so that's okay.

My crazy story from day one: There are old people everywhere here. They're mostly volunteers helping out with the tournament. I hit my second shot on one hole over the green and underneath these old people's carts. So I'm walking up, and the old lady got out to move, but the old guy was still sitting in the cart. Want to know why? I'm gonna tell you anyway. He was putting his shirt on. I got to see a beautiful (puke) old man shirtless today. I did not order that with my nationals, thank you.

I didn't play my best today, but there are 3 more days to go out there, have fun, and try to beat this course because we all have nothing left to lose!