The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Did That Really Just Happen?

After being down 17 strokes after day 1 most people want to throw in the towel and give up, but there is something special about our team. We fought through every doubt, every raindrop and every robbed putt to win the 2010-2011 OAC Championship!

To be honest, I wasn’t sure if we were going to be able to make up the 17-stroke deficit on Sunday, but I knew we weren’t going to let Otterbein go down without a fight or let ONU beat us by 6 strokes. Through out this season we have been taught to fight and to know that we are always in the running for 1st place. Golf is a game of numbers and numbers don’t lie. Coach Strickland told me one day our team was going to be on the wall for winning an OAC championship, but I cannot believe that we actually did it! He put this team together and told me from the first tournament that we were going to Nationals, and I guess he doesn’t lie!! We couldn’t have done it without you Coach!

I also have to thank Coach Campbell for everything she has done for us this season! Starting as our coach midseason is rough, but she never let us down! Always making sure Big Red was comin’ in HOT and that we were treated well. OAC Coach of the Year??? I think YES!

This team is everything I have ever hoped for and I cannot wait to OWN IT during Nationals!!


~K-pust