The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brooke's Summer

So hi everyone! Goodness...I haven't blogged in a few weeks, and so I figured my first post in a while would be with you guys.

First of all, my summer this year has been pretty boring. A lot of it has been going to graduation parties, hanging out with my boyfriend, working, and golfing. I think the best event of my summer has been a highlighter party. It was so cool. We would draw on each other in highlighter under a blacklight, and it looked so awesome! My friends and I like doing random stuff like that. But aside from that, I've been shopping around for stuff to bring to my dorm and working so I could pay for it. My job's not that bad, either. Let me tell you, florists are an interesting group of people. Lol.

That's about it for my summer, but why did I choose BW? I actually didn't want to at first, if you can believe it. My dad actually told Coach not to call because I wasn't interested in the school. XD Go figure. But the more I looked at it and after visiting a couple of times, I realized that it really was a cool place. All of the people that I talked to loved the place, plus my favorite English teacher from high school got her degree here. The campus is really nice, and I really enjoyed talking to the students about classes and what they were like. I wanted to come to a place that would seem like a family, and I think this is the best place for that to happen.

And I hope the golf team will be a nice little family of its own. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you and to an awesome golf season!