The 2009 Baldwin-Wallace College women’s spring golf team is looking to improve on its 2008 fall season and build on a third-place finish at last year’s Ohio Athletic Conference Championship Tournament.The Yellow Jackets are led by Head Coach Sean Strickland, who is in his first season as women’s golf coach and assistant women’s basketball coach.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Long Road to BW

Hi everyone! I hope your summer is FANTASTIC and everything is going well!!! So basically “why I choose BW” is a VERY long story, but it began with me visiting about 16 schools, applying to 11 and still not knowing where I wanted to go.  The first time I stepped on BW’s campus it didn’t really click with me and I put it on the back burner.  Then I started getting interested in playing golf and coach called me and we began talking about coming on campus and taking another tour.  After that day I COULDN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!!! In the end it came down to Wittenberg and BW where everything seemed similar.  I eventually stayed on campus one night with Sam and realized that BW felt like home.  I love everything about it and can’t wait to be with the team.  In high school I had to play on the boy’s team and that got really old, so FINALLY I will be on a girls team and I couldn’t be more excited!!  This year is going to be great and I am proud to call myself a yellow jacket!